Re: Magellan, the KDE e-mail integrated system

> People, just have a look at this screenshot. It's of a
> kind of Outlook for KDE. They are integrating many of
> their existing apps (KNotes for example) on this
> single application.
> Can't this be done in Gnome using Corba?
>
> http://www.kdeforum.org/news/Stuff/magellan/magellan/magellan-welcome.jpg

Yes, Magellan is a very slick-looking application.  If you're
interested in starting a project to produce and outlook-like app for
GNOME, I am certain you could find enough interested parties to
assist you.

> Gnome has very good hackers who have done a great job
> on creating a Desktop Environment. But I think that
> the biggest disadvantage of Gnome is it's
> organization, or lack of. Maybe Gnome hackers should
> look at Linux's organization model, or KDE's, or other
> free software project's, and come up with one for
> them. Maybe you could have a big brainstorming on it
> the next time you all(well, most of) meet on the next
> Linux/Whatever Expo.

I agree with Elliot's comment.  Maybe you haven't kept up to date
with it, but there is a roadmap in place that I think we'll work out
nicely.

GNOME isn't KDE.  What would the purpose of GNOME be if all we did
was copy KDE bit by bit?  It would be a redundant effort.

Jamin Philip Gray
jgray@writeme.com
http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~jpg2/

The most disagreeable thing that your worst enemy says to your face does
not approach what your best friends say behind your back.

--Alfred De Musset