RE: october upgrade rpm weirdness?

Try something like 'rpm -Uvh gtk+*rpm' from the directory where you have all
of those RPMs.  That should upgrade gtk+, which should allow you to upgrade
everything else.

> Huh... a devel pkg needs a earlier "base" pkg, when later
> versions of both
> are already installed??

No, not really.  It's trying to upgrade GTK+ to a later version than
GTK+-devel is at, which it can't do.  Those two packages have to stay at the
same revision number.

> (the october pgk release files in question are:
>     gtk+-1.2.6-1.i386.rpm and gtk+-devel-1.2.6-1.i386.rpm)
>

> Here's more info:
>
> [root@localhost october_gnome]# rpm -Uvh gtk+-1.2.6-1.i386.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
> 	gtk+ = 1.2.5 is needed by gtk+-devel-1.2.5-2
> [root@localhost october_gnome]# rpm -q gtk+
> gtk+-1.2.5-2
> [root@localhost october_gnome]# rpm -q gtk+-devel
> gtk+-devel-1.2.5-2
>
> What's the suggested way to get my october upto snuff?

If that suggestion doesn't work, can you send the output of 'rpm -Uvh *rpm'
from your october-gnome directory, so that we can take a look at exactly
what it's doing?  Thanks,
	Greg