Solaris dt login problem

Hi, I'm running Solaris 2.6 on an Ultra10 and ran into a DTlogin problem...

I followed the instructions on http://www.clanger9.demon.co.uk/computer/gnome/dtlogin.html and got semi-desirable results. The gnome logo and menu option are available from the login screen, but when I authenitcate I get the starting Solaris screen (with my gnome text addon, so I know it's running the start gnome script) followed by screens of various colors, then I'm booted back into the graphical DTlogin logon screen.

To test if gnome was setup properly, I ran gnome-session from a console window in CDE. It appears to work, as I get no fatal error messages and the gnome taskbar along with the gnome help book successfully pop up in the CDE environment.

I then ran enlightenment from another console window. While the program didn't run, I really didn't get any significant error messages until the program quit because I was already running a window manager which is quite understandable.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong that is causing gnome to boot back into the DTlogin screen when trying to start from the login window?

Thanks alot for the help!

Stan

          Stan   Eisenberg
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
MSU Computer Science Dept.
             TA CPS 101
    eisenb11@pilot.msu.edu
     thestand@earthlink.net
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Eisenberg;Stan
FN:Stan Eisenberg
TEL;HOME;VOICE:517-355-1531
TEL;HOME;FAX:517-355-1531
ADR;HOME:;;004 Williams Hall;East Lansing;MI;48825;USA
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:004 Williams Hall=0D=0AEast Lansing, MI 48825=0D=0AUSA
X-WAB-GENDER:2
URL:http://www.msu.edu/~eisenb11
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:eisenb11@pilot.msu.edu
EMAIL;INTERNET:thestand@earthlink.net