Testing wanted for Gnome R

Hi,

Over the last few months I've been working on-and-off on a GNOME interface for
R.  It is now approaching usability, and I would really like people to grab a
copy and test it.  For information on R, see http://www.r-project.org.  To see
what I'm planning for the GNOME interface, see
http://stat.auckland.ac.nz/~lyndon/roadmap.html.

For those who don't know:

  R, also known as `GNU S', is a system for statistical computation and
  graphics. It consists of a language plus a run-time environment with
  graphics, a debugger, access to certain system functions, and the ability
  to run programs stored in script files. R implements a language which is not
  entirely unlike the S language developed at AT&T Bell Laboratories by Rick
  Becker, John Chambers and Allan Wilks. Indeed in the absence of an R manual,
  you can (mostly) get along by using the S manual.

  (Taken from www.r-project.org).

The GNOME interface is intended to look nicer and make R easier to use,
especially for beginners.

Compiling R is similar to most GNU projects: run configure, followed by make
and make install.  To enable the GNOME interface, you will need to supply the
--with-gnome argument to configure.  Once R has been built, you will want to
run R -g to get the GNOME interface.

Feel free to contribute patches, bug reports, or other comments.

--
Lyndon Drake                       | Desktop:      http://www.gnome.org
isenguard                          | Mail client:  http://www.mutt.org