Re: Testing wanted for Gnome R
- From: Elliot Lee <sopwith redhat com>
- To: Lyndon Drake <lyndon stat auckland ac nz>
- cc: Gnome List <gnome-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Testing wanted for Gnome R
- Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:54:09 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Lyndon Drake wrote:
> The GNOME interface is intended to look nicer and make R easier to use,
> especially for beginners.
Wow, maybe I should learn how this works instead of ever bothering with
gnuplot again. Pretty nice.
> Compiling R is similar to most GNU projects: run configure, followed
> by make and make install. To enable the GNOME interface, you will
> need to supply the --with-gnome argument to configure. Once R has
> been built, you will want to run R -g to get the GNOME interface.
> Feel free to contribute patches, bug reports, or other comments.
1. If built --with-gnome, the Gnome interface should be the default, since
it's so much nicer than the other interface. :-)
2. I think you might want to look into using a ZvtTerm widget instead of
a GtkText for the console - you would get dingus support, a lot nicer
display, and automatic handling of all the low-level details that you are
probably having to do by hand now.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
] [Thread Prev