gnome chat?

hey gang,

i managed to get the TechRepublic site's guild meetings to run with irc
today (because the proprietary software was horrible and didn't work on
NS 4.7 for Linux) and i had a thought - 1) is there a gnome chat client
and 2) would someone be interested in working with me to develop (or just
modify) xchat (or a gnome chat) so it would have the TechRepublic 'look'?
if no one on this list is interested - would someone know of someone who
might?  all i'm asking is a couple of aesthetic changes.  i'd make them
myself but trying to figure out how to do the changes would take more of
my time than it's worth.  we will surely be able to pay someone a fee for
doing this.

anyone interested?

thanks again everyone.

----------editor in chief of Linux content-------------------------------