Re: gnome-pager in gnome-applets CVS...

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Mike Bond wrote:
> contrary to certain beliefs that they should each be smaller on their
> own. Bottom line is that it would be nice if gnome-pager got added back
> to the default build/distro of gnome-applets, even if it is not the
> default.

The problem is that gnome-pager has a lot of bugs, and the code is hard to
maintain. So to keep it in, someone has to do the work to fix these bugs
and commit to maintaining it as more bugs appear. It will also have to be
ported to the new Gnome-KDE window manager spec and the new gnome-libs
when the time comes. So someone has to volunteer for this too.

Since we already have a labor shortage, we are strategically eliminating
gnome-pager because given deskguide/tasklist there's a poor
results-for-work ratio in maintaining it. However, given a maintenance
volunteer, we could leave it in.

Havoc