Re: File manager tree.

On Sat, 29 May 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> So, I would like your input on how we can improve the file manager to
> make it better.

- Confirmation before moving a file in the tree view.  It is sooo easy to
completely screw up you filesystem without noticing, by accidentally
dragging rather than clicking in the tree view.  This is REALLY important
IMHO.

- DEL key to delete files

- Right clicks in the tree-view to bring up a menu

- Right drags to bring up a menu after the drag (so that you can choose
whether to move, copy, or make a link) OK, so that is very win9x, but
there needs to be some way to do this.

- Remembering the size of the last window when a new window is opened - I
hate having to resize it every single time I use it...

- BUG: removing the name field from the custom view causes a crash.

- BUG: moving a file into it's grandparent (ie. parent's parent) directory
by dragging in the treeview does not cause a rescan of the grandparent
directory, so the subdir appears to disappear.

Apologies if any of these are fixed in CVS, or versions later than 4.5.30,
but I don't have time to get & compile & debug the latest versions of
every single piece of software I use.

cheers,

Paul