Re: File manager tree.

James Green said once upon a time (Sun, 30 May 1999):

> On Sat, 29 May 1999, Dax Kelson wrote:
>
> > Miguel de Icaza said once upon a time (Sat, 29 May 1999):
> >
> > > So, I would like your input on how we can improve the file manager to
> > > make it better.
> >

> > F2 to rename (like MS Explorer).
>
> And when you slow double-click a filename to rename it, allow cursor
> movement and insertion. 4.5.31 (IIRC) needs a totally new filename to
> work.

I agree that the "slow double-click" is completely broken.  Also, I'm not
able to rename files that are on a NFS share (which I have full access
rights too), slow dbl-click doesn't work and in properties the name is
greyed out.

The MS Explorer interface is known by only a few hundred million users out
there.  Either having an option too, or just using some of Explorer
shortcut keys could aid new users quite a bit.

Dax Kelson