Re: Panel

I was thinking about the panel.
Idea:

Redesign the panel so it would only have these widgets.
1. 2 buttons (arrows)
2. A gnome dock widget
3. In each dock item, there will be an applet widget with an applet in it.

What this will achive.
3 benifits over the current setup.
1. Not only can you stack widgets side by side but due to the gnome dock,
you can have applets under each other. This is similar to how 98 does it.
2. If you want, you can use the handle bar and tare the applet off. There
could be a setting to keep the applet on the bottom of the screen so it
would be like "active desktop".
3. There will be an applet widget you can
use in your programs.