Re: Gnumeric/Guile/Python

On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 02:39:21PM +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> It is difficult to prevent this in just about any language.  For these
> sort of problems, the most effective way to prevent them is to use the
> operating system's resource limiting capabilities.  AFAIK java/javascript
> does not have protection against these sort of attacks.

Yes, Java and JavaScript are succeptible to these attacks too - this is one of
the reasons I looked to python for secure execution. Operating system resource
limiting is not an option when you want to have a bunch of untrused and
trusted code running in one process.

Ian

--
"Perl is the COBOL of the '90s" - David Basden