gmc, gnome-terminal etc. start in ~/.gnome

Hi;

Sorry if this has been asked before; I couldn't find it in the FAQ. Whenever I
bring up gmc or a gnome-terminal session, the first directory they come up in
is my ~/.gnome directory, not my home directory. I've poked around .gnome
looking for where this is set and can't find anything. Any hints on how to fix
this? Gimp's file-open dialog does this too; I'm not sure about non-GTK apps.

--
-Chip Olson. | ceo@shore.net