No Subject

free-docs-publishing@nuclecu.unam.mx
Subject: Re: Writing free documentation/GNOME books
From: "David C. Mason" <dcm@redhat.com>
Date: 26 May 1999 15:20:04 -0400

"Tuomas J. Lukka" <lukka@fas.harvard.edu> writes:

> Except that it's a beast to write.

Well, I disagree I think Tex is much more of a beast.

> I'm lazily thinking of some Perl tools that would allow you to interconvert
> SGML <-> pod while saving the markup information, so that editing would
> be easier.

I don't mean this as a flame, but if people spent as much time working
on parsers and other free sgml tools as they do conversion tools it
could be better than the commercial sgml offerings - and easier than
any other mark-ups.

Dave

--

          David Mason