Re: State of the Art

 Patrick Kirk wrote:

 > Sorry - nice idea but sounds a little like innovation for its own
sake.  We
 > want a desktop that works and that we can work with with.  The
desktop
 > metaphor works.  The sphere metaphor is, well, pointless.  Why
bother?

 no, it's not pointless.
 the desktop metaphor WORKS, but it's still clunky.

 It wouldn't be TOO hard to implement.  some window managers are already
 approaching this - Window Maker, for example, almost uses the
 cylindrical desktop if you enable desktop wrapping.

 This is the sort of desktop I envisioned when I first found out that
the
 desktop didn't have to be limited by the size of the screen.  let's go
 ahead and make it work.
--
- The Hitchhiker

"The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false.  The opposite of a
great truth is also true."
				-Neils Bohr