Re: Gnome log out problems: is there an alternate method?
- From: Edward Dunagin <edunagin columbus rr com>
- To: Armando Singer <Asinger MAIL COLGATE EDU>
- cc: "'gnome-list gnome org'" <gnome-list gnome org>, recipient list not shown: ;
- Subject: Re: Gnome log out problems: is there an alternate method?
- Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 11:21:21 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 24 May 1999, Armando Singer wrote:
> Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 10:00:34 -0400
> From: Armando Singer <Asinger@MAIL.COLGATE.EDU>
> To: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" <email@example.com>
> Subject: Gnome log out problems: is there an alternate method?
> Resent-Date: 24 May 1999 15:14:29 -0000
> Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Resent-cc: recipient list not shown: ;
> I cannot log out of Gnome from the menu or from my log out panel button.
> When I click them, it seems like nothing happens. Is there a logout command
> that I can type in a terminal? If this doesn't work, is there another safe
> way to log out? And if any of the log out options don't work, what is the
> best way to get out of Gnome? Thanks.
i might help if you look at your /home/user/.xinitrc file. i
understand that the last command loaded it it control the log out.
ie in my .xinitrc i have first, exec gnome-session, then panel &, so
this works for me. (running icewm)
hope this helps.....................ed
] [Thread Prev