Re: Gnome log out problems: is there an alternate method?

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Armando Singer wrote:

> Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 10:00:34 -0400
> From: Armando Singer <Asinger@MAIL.COLGATE.EDU>
> To: "'gnome-list@gnome.org'" <gnome-list@gnome.org>
> Subject: Gnome log out problems: is there an alternate method?
>
> I cannot log out of Gnome from the menu or from my log out panel button.
> When I click them, it seems like nothing happens. Is there a logout command
> that I can type in a terminal? If this doesn't work, is there another safe
> way to log out? And if any of the log out options don't work, what is the
> best way to get out of Gnome? Thanks.

i might help if you look at your /home/user/.xinitrc file. i
understand that the last command loaded it it control the log out.

ie in my .xinitrc i have first, exec gnome-session, then panel &, so
this works for me. (running icewm)

hope this helps.....................ed