Re: The State Of The Art

Nils Jeppe <nils@jeppe.de> responded:
>Excuse me, but where is this different from what we have these days?
The difference is that existing virtual desktops are flat and rectangular.
A wraparound desktop is new, especially if it's conceptually spherical (or
tubular).  It's like you're sitting inside a sphere, in a chair at the
center of it.  The walls of the sphere are where your work sits; open
documents for Project A over there, xterms to all the systems over *there*,
xconsole down *there*, etc, etc.  You just spin the chair around so that
you're looking at the section of the desktop that you're concentrating on at
the moment.

> > >PS. Who the hell you work for ?
> > Can't say :-)
>Microsoft or the NSA? ;-)
Neither!  Neither Uncle Bill or Uncle Sam pays my mortgage.  Anyway, it's
nothing grand, I just like to keep my OSS/Linux stuff separate from my paid
employment.
dr_geek