Some Basic Questions (RH 6.0)

Hi-

Here are two questions that have been gnawing away at the back of my
mind:

[1] I was wondering what the best way is to add startup commands like:

        xhost + foo.bar.com

    etc.  I'm not sure what init files are sourced by the RedHat 6.0
    gdm start-up script(s).

[2] I use tcsh as my SHELL, and I have a pretty complex .cshrc that
    sets various environment variables, my path and such.  Is there a
    way to make the launcher use tcsh (or csh)?  Otherwise I'll have
    to maintain a separate .shrc, .bashrc or .bash_profile

    Would it make sense for the control panel to use $SHELL instead
    of sh or bash?

        Thanks in advance for the shedding of any light,

                -Fred