Re: gnome-linuxconf...

Hi Marc,
	I don't know about the assertion errors but I have been having
similar problems with gnome-linuxconf.  It seems that if I start
linuxconf from the gnome menu, I can use gnome-linuxconf as you suggested
with it locking up when you try to change anything.  I run GTop while
using gnome-linuxconf and found that after trying to change a field causes
more threads of linuxconf to be started.  If I start linuxconf (by
typing "linuxconf")from an xterm window (this starts up gnome-linuxconf) I
don't seem to have any problems. I'm not sure why this happens but it is
rather frustrating.  Unfortunately I don't have a solution to this.  If I
find a solution to this I will post it and I will keep an eye on this list
to see if a solution is posted by someone else.

  -Brandon Kolbe