Re: GLIB / GTK+ Updates

On Sun, 23 May 1999, A Palsson wrote:

> Since I'm a new Linux user, my questions may be pretty basic for this forum. Here's one.
>
> This may not be too gnome related, but as I was trying to update my RH5.2 (kernel 2.27) with the new gnome-core 1.05, I had to update GTK+ as well. (to v1.2.3)
>
> When I configure and compile GLIB1.2.3, I see no errors, and the install goes smoothly, however, GTK reports a version problem, tells me that glib-config reports v.1.2.0

Since coming across many instances of this question while in #linuxhelp on
efnet, I created a short document on upgrading Glib/GTK which is based on
my experience and what I have been told. It is now available from the
channel: type 'linuxurl gtk-upgrade' to see the link which is:

http://www.cyberstorm.demon.co.uk/gtk-upgrade.txt

HTH

--
James Green