gnome-linuxconf...

Am I the only person who's having a problem with gnome-linuxconf under RH6?

Running it and just going exploring works fine, but once you ask it to DO
anything (activate changes you've made), it locks up.  Other programs run
fine... you just can't close it, can't make it DO anything.

Switching back to the console reveals endless assertion errors like this:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkentry.c: line 396 (gtk_entry_set_text): assertion
`text != NULL' failed

along with:

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `(unknown)' to `GtkWidget'

and:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 3024 (gtk_widget_grab_focus):
assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

I tried rebuilding the RPM... I get two errors in gtkgui.c (no surprise given
the above) during the compile.  One is a warning in function `protocolCheck':
assignment from incompatible pointer type

and the other is in function 'create_treeitem': passing arg 4 of
`gtk_signal_connect' makes pointer from integer without a cast.

I get the same two errors whether I build from the RPM sources on the RH6 CD,
or from the gnome-linuxconf 0.22 tarball itself.

Compiler is the egcs-2.91.66 supplied with RH6.

I'm using the GTK+ from ftp.inconnect.com (updated to ALL those versions, if
it matters), but that shouldn't be causing the compiler errors.

Should it?  Needless to say, the console linuxconf binary works just fine
through all this.

Help!

-----
Marc Wilson