Re: gnome-programming issues (canvas, dnd, & so on...)

1.
When the container is resized, a new size is allocated to it.  So you
would want to connect to the size_allocate signal.  You would also get
access to the new GtkAllocation as a parameter to the handler.

2.
To do this, I would recommend looking at an application that already does
that.  My program gnorpm is an example.  So is ghex from gnome-utils.
This is probably a bit easier than reading the full docs (which are
available in the file gtk+/docs/dnd_internals.txt

3.
Not sure about this one.

4.
or this one either.