gnome-programming issues (canvas, dnd, & so on...)

Hi.

I have some gnome-programming question for my app (Electric Ears).

1.
Resizing.
How can I check when a container is resized?
Maybe a signal is emitted, but i can't find any docs about it...
In my case I have a canvas that, when the window (or the frame) containing
it is resized, I would like to be zoomed in and out properly.

2.
Drag and Drop.
How drag and drop is managed? I would like to have something like
this: the user drag a wave file from GMC to my app and my app opens
it.
Are there any docs about this?

3.
About MDI.
I have some problems switching from modal to toplevel and from
toplevel to modal.
Maybe it's a bug in MDI stuff, in fact also gTop has some problems
switching betweend MDI modes.
I'm using gnome libs 1.0.9 and gtop 1.0.1 from debian packages.

4.
Canvas.
I have some problems with some canvas items (lines), that when I move
another line on them, and then I move away the line from them, they
are no more visible. But, if I put another item under them (a rectangle)
they re-appear.
If you want an example, download Electric Ears, open a sample, click on
"play" and watch at the disappear of time markings. Then select
a region containing the marks "deleted": they re-appear!

--
Ciao, Andrea