Gnome Canvas Problem

OK, Is this a bug, or have I missed something due to the lack
of docs at the moment.

In my program, I'm trying to create a new CanvasItem
to be displayed on an existing Canvas Widget.

Having created a new GnomeCanvasItem I call
gnome_canvas_item_show(item), but nothing appears
to be displayed, do I really need to force a redraw to
get this up?

Once I do a gnome_canvas_item_move() then the object appears.
If this does its own redraw, why doesn't item_show()?

Cheers,

Kevin

--
Kevin Pearcey