Re: Gnome Canvas Problem

>  In my program, I'm trying to create a new CanvasItem
>  to be displayed on an existing Canvas Widget.
>
>  Having created a new GnomeCanvasItem I call
>  gnome_canvas_item_show(item), but nothing appears
>  to be displayed, do I really need to force a redraw to
>  get this up?
>
>  Once I do a gnome_canvas_item_move() then the object appears.
>  If this does its own redraw, why doesn't item_show()?

You do not need to show items explicitly; they start up shown by
default.

It is very likely that you did not set the scrolling region
correctly.  It is *VERY IMPORTANT* that you do this, otherwise the
canvas will not know what is the "interesting area" of the world
coordinate space that you want to see.

  Federico