GDM XDMCP problems on RedHat 6.0 (was GDM Photos)

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com) writes:
>> The Red Hatters broke XDMCP in 6.0 somehow. I haven't had time to
>> investigate the SRPM yet.
> We turn it off by default because it hasn't been audited yet, but
> I'm using it on a daily basis and it works fine for me on stock
> 6.0 systems. I just changed Enable=0 to Enable=1 in the [xdmcp]

That doesn't appear to be the case here... I'm seeing the exact same results
on a stock RH 6.0 system (which does have xdmcp enabled by default), but
haven't figured it out yet.  I'm seeing these types of errors in
/var/log/messages:

May 10 12:10:43 cobra gdm[32366]: gdm_auth_secure_display: Could not unlink
/var/gdm/:0.xauth file: No such file or direct
ory
May 10 12:07:49 cobra gdm[31946]: gdm_auth_secure_display: Could not unlink
/var/gdm/172.16.6.226:0.xauth file: No such fi
le or directory

Afterwards GDM semi-dies.  The greeter process is still running, but GDM
becomes unavailable for xdmcp broadcasts.  The files being mentioned in the
messages error are indeed there with the following perms:

-rw-r-----   1 root     gdm            49 May 10 12:10 172.16.6.226:0.xauth
-rw-r-----   1 root     gdm            63 May 10 12:10 :0.xauth

Like I said... I haven't figured it out yet... haven't had a lot of time to
look into it... anyone else have any clues?

Jason Pincin
Systems Engineer
RHCE
The Networks, Inc.