Re: GDM photos

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Evans <chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk> writes:

Chris> Speaking of XDMCP with GDM, my finding is that is doesn't work
Chris> in "out of the box" RH6.0. I logged a bug against RH6.0 using
Chris> bugzilla.

Chris> To make sure I wasn't doing something silly, I replaced
Chris> /etc/X11/prefdm with xdm, and XDMCP worked as expected :-/

Well, gdm was written from scratch and not all xdm functionality is
implemented yet.

The XDMCP support is complete, though (Except for host choosing which
is nearly there).

Chris> gdm is definitely listening on udp:177 and the gdm.conf file
Chris> _appears_ to be setup to allow XDMCP connects

The Red Hatters broke XDMCP in 6.0 somehow. I haven't had time to
investigate the SRPM yet.

Anyway I'd recommend using gdm2 from CVS instead. It's much more
stable than the 1.x series. Both for XDMCP and local displays.

--
Martin Kasper Petersen			BOFH, IC1&2, Aalborg University, DK
mailto:mkp@SunSITE.auc.dk		http://SunSITE.auc.dk/~mkp/