Design Question

I've written some widgets which are most of the time embedded in gnome
dialogs. These widgets send various signals (like "error","login").

Shall i send the same signals from the dialogs classes, or is it
better to let the user access the widgets from the dialog structure
and connect to the widget dialogs?

I think letting the dialog send the signals allows the user to hide
the dialogs in the callback function. But the signalling and callback
structure is much more complicated. I also have a "error" signal in
the widgt and a "error" signal in the dialog, which are emitted on the
same event, which doesn't look good.

Maybe it's even complete nonese to implement the dialog classes in a
library, and the user should implement them whenever dialogs are
needed (which might lead to different button arrangements and button
icons in different applications)

--
Michael Lausch
See my web page <http://www.lausch.at/> or query PGP key server for PGP key.