Re: Applet_Config created from where?

I added this feature a little while back to gnome-libs.  You can put
gnome-config files in $(sysconfdir)/gnome/config/.  So you could try
copying the file to
  $(sysconfdir)/gnome/config/panel.d/default/Applet_Config

Now values in this file will be used if no matching value is found in the
user's config directory.  You may also need to copy a few other files to
get panel to use this file as the default setup.

If you installed gnome from source, $(sysconfdir) is probably
$(prefix)/etc.  If you used the RPMs, it is probably /etc.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/