Re: gmc & cursors

Hi,

>>>>> On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:10:49 -0700
>>>>> Michael Dennis <miked@kerneltech.com> said:

 Michael> Why did the implementors of the GNOME file manager choose
 Michael> the explorer type model? I much prefer the two paned
 Michael> approach that midnight commander has. I would at least like
 Michael> to be able to configure the directory pane into another file
 Michael> pane. Is this possible?

You can drag the pane-delimiter all the way to the left, so that your
directory-pane is not visible at all. Subsequent windows will inherit
this setting. Then open another window. That's not exactly what you
wanted, but it comes close.

        Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>