Re: no gnome

In message <36F96342.EF1A0A4E@cybercable.fr>, Georges-Henry Portefait
<chewbee@cybercable.fr> writes
>Hi,
>
>Just put
>
>exec gnome-session
>
>in you .xinitrc , I have no other lines neither a .Xclients

Already tried that. Just gives me a blank screen and a crosshair for the
pointer.

>GNOME should come up with his panel, at worth with no WM. It s no big
>deal launch the control panel and from there launch a Window Manager.

So what *should* I be seeing when Enlightenment pops up? I just get a
line of icons down the top right for apps, another line along the bottom
left for E functions, and an E bar across the top of the screen.

Do I have to run anything else? I get no icons on the background looking
like those on the gnome screenshots I've seen.

--
James Green