Re: "undef. ref. to __va_copy"??

    Dean> "PL. Miraglia" wrote:
    >>  I'm trying to compile gnome-core 1.0.3. I've compiled everything
    >> else so far, but I'm using base gtk+, glib and imlib from recent
    >> RPMs. Gnome libs 1.0.4 is installed in /usr/local. Anyway, gcc
    >> terminates in gnome-core with this message:
    >>
    >> gsm-protocol.c:in function "commandv": undefined reference to
    >> __va_copy
    >>
    >> There is also another undefined ref error message about some other
    >> "__va_**" something ot other. Do you what is going on, and how to
    >> fix it?  Thank you in advance
    Dean> [snip]

    Dean> The __va_copy reference comes from the egcs vararg.h header.
    Dean> You are getting it because the glib RPM you installed was
    Dean> compiled with egcs and so, when the
    Dean> /usr/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h was created, it included the
    Dean> line #define G_VA_COPY __va_copy because __va_copy was the
    Dean> correct configuration parameter on that machine.

    Dean> I suspect you could fix it either by using egcs to compile
    Dean> gnome-libs or by rebuilding glib with your compiler.

Thank you for help! Now, more questions...

1) Is it possible that gnome-core-1.0.1 sources would NOT have this problem?
Last night I was able to run rpm -tb <gnomecoretball> on the 1.0.1 version
with no error msg.

2) How do I use egcs? Is there some simple .configure or make options that
can be changed to achieve that?

Thank you,

--
Pierluigi Miraglia pierlu AT iname.com pmiragli AT kent.edu

The soul has a self-increasing logos (Herakl.)