Re: Updated gnome-* RPMs

I've been seeing messages around that this problem is caused by a conflict
between programs compiled with gcc and programs compiled with egcs.  So I
think what's going on is you're using a glibc that's compiled using gcc but
the other programs were compiled using egcs (or vice versa).

I've noticed that when I go to download files there are often files with
different sizes.  Usually 3 or 4 different sizes...I'm guessing the
different sizes of the compiled executable indicate that the file was
compiled using gcc vs egcs and glibc 2.1 vs 2.0.7.  If one size doesn't
work I download and try the other one and it's seemed to work in general
for me.