Getting Panel to load on boot??

Sorry for just saying that it was the main menu that was missing. It is
the whole panel. I can bring up xterm and use the panel command but it
will not come up on boot. My current Xclients file is set to:
        gnome-session
I have also tried it with:
        panel &
        /usr/bin/enlightenment
I tried adding the panel command to the startup programs in the gnome
control panel. All with no luck. Is there anything else I could try to
get panel to open with gnome? Once panel is open with xterm it works
just fine.
Thanks again,
bryan