Re: sliding focus and E

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, D. Nathan Hood wrote:
> i was running windowmaker as my window manager until i started running
> gnome a couple of weeks ago.  i like gnome a whole lot more than window
> maker... but... i miss my sliding focus (or sloppy focus or whatever)
> what i am talking about is that the focus is on whatever window the
> mouse is over, but that window isn't called to the front.  is there a
> way to set this up under E?  (i realize that is probably isn't really a
> gnome question, but more of an E one, but i thought this as good a place
> as any to ask)

There is a way to set it up in E, but I can't remember it off the top of
my head (try in econfig).

On the other hand, are you aware that GNOME works just fine in
Windowmaker?  Nothing says that you have to run enlightenment to use
GNOME, use whatever window manager you prefer.  The GNOME-compliant ones
have a few extra features with GNOME, but Windowmaker is one of the
GNOME-compliant ones.

Best of Luck,
-Gleef