Re: sliding focus and E

> From: Gleef <dzol@virtual-yellow.com>

> On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, D. Nathan Hood wrote:
> > i was running windowmaker as my window manager until i started running
> > gnome a couple of weeks ago.  i like gnome a whole lot more than window
> > maker... but... i miss my sliding focus (or sloppy focus or whatever)
> > what i am talking about is that the focus is on whatever window the
> > mouse is over, but that window isn't called to the front.  is there a
> > way to set this up under E?  (i realize that is probably isn't really a
> > gnome question, but more of an E one, but i thought this as good a place
> > as any to ask)
>
> There is a way to set it up in E, but I can't remember it off the top of
> my head (try in econfig).

In control.cfg, either in /usr/local/enlightenment/config (or wherever that got
put on your system) or in you personal copy in ~/.enlightenment, you can set the
__FOCUS_MODE (you seem to want __POINTER or __SLOPPY) and then, separately, you
can switch __AUTORAISE either __ON or __OFF.  It's this last one that decides if
the window comes to the top when focused.

That should do it =O)

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'  "That weenie's avoiding me!" - Scott McNealy about i.am/BillZebub