Another ickiness

I am not sure if this is gnome or even enlightenment related but in apps
like netscape and gqmpeg, backspace does delete and delete does nothing....
I thought I saw a "swap delete and backspace" option somewhere either in
e-conf or in control-center but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is there
maybe some option in X or something? up until earlier today, it all worked
fine but I also upgraded my XFree86 and Mach64 Server to 3.3.3 from
Redhat's updates.

Thanks,
Neb