Re: Windowmanager in session.wm

Hi,

 Jan> Read my previous post and once more: It is a bad as anything. A
 Jan> default windowmanager should not be decided at compile time!

You can also change "$(prefix)/share/default.wm" after compile time.

 Jan> You donīt know which windowmanagers will be available on the
 Jan> system the packages will eventually be installed on(I am talking
 Jan> about package making).

If you chose icewm as the default wm, if icewm is not found on the
current system, wm-properties-capplet will just ignore it and pick the
next wm from its list.

What a packager would have to provide is a more complete set of wm
entries in "$(prefix)/share/gnome/wm-properties/".

That said, I think a "no default wm, ask the user at first time"
should definitely be provided. At the moment, wm-properties-capplet
insists that *some* wm is the default. That assumption must be
removed. If no current_wm is found, just pop up the selection dialog.

        Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>