Re: E: netscape won't do manual placement - why?

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 10:35:15AM -0500, raster@redhat.com wrote:
> On 15 Mar, torben fjerdingstad scribbled:
> ->  I have selected "Place windows manually" in e-conf. It works
> ->  fine, except for netscape. Why? New windows automatically
> ->  are placed so they totally overlap the initial netscape
> ->  window.
> ->  Is it a netscape problem? Can it be circumvented?
>
> netscape - netscape asks specifically to be places at a certain
> location (8as do its popups) - thus E places them there. Manual
> placment is only available for windows that dont request specific
> locations.

Please don't let fvwm2 hear that. It does allow me to do manual
placement of all the netscape windows.
That is fvwm2-2.0.46-11.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Netdriftgruppen / Network Management Group

Tlf./Phone   +45 35 87 89 41        Mail:  UNI-C
Fax.         +45 35 87 89 90               Bygning 304
E-mail: torben.fjerdingstad@uni-c.dk       DK-2800 Lyngby