Re: enlightenement and windowmaker support

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, Michael Perry wrote:

> using gnomeish resources, etc.  Is windowmaker truly all that gnome
> aware?  If so, it seems that windowmaker does not really make
> considerations for the panel in its execution and use.

I use wmaker and gnome and it's a rather pleasant combination. I do not
get any 'unwanted' icons like you describe. Make sure windowmaker was
compiled with gnome awareness (i think you have to do this with an
--enable-gnome switch or somesuch thing, it is in the docs). Also, I
recommend not to enter wmaker into .xinitrc, but instead to let
gnome-session start windowmaker.

I found that Jan's wmaker-0.51.0 rpm for SuSE didn't work well for me
(although for the record, I seem to have been the only one having the
particular problem) so I compiled 0.51.1 myself and it works much better.

Personally, I prefer Windowmaker's simplicity greatly over e, but that's
of course mho only.

Did you install and/or remove the wmaker0.15 included with suse 6.0?
Did you use Jan's suse 6.0 rpms? what version does wmaker report when you
run it? (it has an info panel in the default menues)

When you switch virtual desktops in windowmaker, does the panel show in
all of them, or does it stay in one and the same virtual desktop?

If the later is the case, I think it's a definite sign for missing gnome
awareness  (but correct me if I am wrong).

---
"Why do we always come here?" - "I guess we'll never know."
"It's like a kind of torture to have to watch this show."