enlightenement and windowmaker support

I started out using gnome 99.8 from the suse rpms under windowmaker
provided there also.  I found that I truly love the windowmaker desktop
with its easy themes, etc but windowmaker seems to love to create
appicons for things like the panel and gmc which is rather annoying at
least to me.  So enter enlightenment which seems to this casual user
quite good at taking gnome, enhancing menu choices in enlightenment,
using gnomeish resources, etc.  Is windowmaker truly all that gnome
aware?  If so, it seems that windowmaker does not really make
considerations for the panel in its execution and use.

I am using enlightenment now and loving it.  I also really like
windowmaker and would use it IF it seemed that windowmaker could be
more gnome friendly in its implementation.

There is a web page that seems broken under the gnome software map
which supposedly shows how to integrate windowmaker and gnome.  I would
appreciate tips or techniques that windowmaker users implement to more
integrate the two.  I want to use the gnome session management tools
and have a desktop which is fast and responsive.  I like both
enlightenment and windowmaker.  But for now enlightenment wins at its
level of integration.  I would love to read some comments on this stuff
from windowmaker users.

--
Michael Perry
mperry@basin.com