Re: minor newbie questions (6 of 'em though)

   I'm a newbie myself but found a couple things that might be useful.

   > 1) how to set key bindings for move & raise/lower?  I usually bind
   > these to alt+rightmouse and alt+leftmouse respectively.

   for me, middle clicking (l+r click together) over the root window brings
   up the enlightenment window manager.  on that menu there is a "config"
   option which brings up a nice gui for setting e behavior.  one of the
   submenus allows for specifying some e keybindings.
   i haven't played with them much myself, i just know some are there.

Unfortunately, these are keyboard-only; not mouse actions.  FVWM had
some really useful ones.

   > 3) How can I bring up the gnome foot menu on the root window instead
   > of having to move my mouse all the way into the corner (that is rather
   > painful at 1600x1200!).  This should just be a left click on the root
   > window.

   i've been trying to figure that too.  please post any solutions you get.

OK.  One of my biggest gripes about Windows is having to move to the
start menu instead of just finding any open root window space!  I
could duplicate the gnome menu with the E menu, but that is a lot of
painful work.

Thanks,
Mark