minor newbie questions (6 of 'em though)

Hello.  I installed the whole GNOME system and have been playing with
it all week.  I am using the standard Gnome/E that you get by having
.xsession exec gnome-session.  I managed to figure most things out by
myself, but there are a few that I still haven't made sense of.

If these are RTFM questions, please let me know which FM to consult.
Thanks.

0) where is ghelp:users-guide supposed to reside?  Where do I find it?

1) how to set key bindings for move & raise/lower?  I usually bind
these to alt+rightmouse and alt+leftmouse respectively.

2) how do I edit the gnome themes?  I want to increase the microscopic
default fonts.

3) How can I bring up the gnome foot menu on the root window instead
of having to move my mouse all the way into the corner (that is rather
painful at 1600x1200!).  This should just be a left click on the root
window.

4) gnome-session isn't starting gmc automatically - how is this
supposed to work?  Philosophical question: why isn't gnome-session a
shell script?

5) What fun things are available to use with the ORB?  I want to play
with CORBA but don't (yet) know what it does for Gnome.

Also, let me ask about memory usage - each gnome panel process takes
4 megabytes of RAM here; even for a silly little CD player which only
took a few K under WindowMaker.  Is this going to improve in the future?

My eventual goal is to use a single server to handle several dozen X
terminals - possible with QVWM or WindowMaker but not reasonable with
the current Gnome/E combination due to this kind of resource use... is
there hope for efficiency improvements?