Re: CVS and autogen.sh

> "Jesse D . Sightler" wrote:
>      >
>      > Where are you installing Gnome? If it is /usr/local then just
> do
>      > a:
>      > export ACLOCAL_FLAGS=/usr/local/share/aclocal/
>      > before you run autogen.sh.
>      >
>      OK, I tried that :
>      doobrey[~/dist/balsa] export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I
> /usr/local/gnome/share/aclocal"
>      doobrey[~/dist/balsa] ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/gnome
>      processing .
>      Running libtoolize...
>      You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
> `aclocal.m4'.
>      Running aclocal -I /usr/local/gnome/share/aclocal -I macros ...
>      aclocal: configure.in: 29: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in
> library
>
>      ... still no joy, so then I tried ...
>
>      doobrey[~/dist/balsa] cp /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4
> aclocal.m4
>      doobrey[~/dist/balsa] export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I . -I
> /usr/local/gnome/share/aclocal"
>      doobrey[~/dist/balsa] ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/gnome
>      processing .
>      Running libtoolize...
>      Running aclocal -I . -I /usr/local/gnome/share/aclocal -I macros
>      aclocal: configure.in: 29: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in
> library
>
>      On looking in /usr/local/gnome/share/aclocal I find only one file
> - libart.m4,
>      Is there a requirement that the rest of GNOME has been compiled
> under CVS?
>      I am currently operating from .98 compiles tarballs, so nothing
> in gnome has
>      come from CVS. Maybee that is my problem. If so, what do I have
> to do to generate
>      these files (I don't really want to get ALL of gnome from CVS)

As far as I know it is easier to compile if all is from CVS, but not
absolutely necessary.   The hardest part is making sure that all of the
appropriate macros are able to be found.  I am almost certain that GTK
and glib install their macros even with just the .tar.gz distributions
so, so perhaps you should try doing a 'find . -name "glib.m4"' to find
out where the macros for those libraries are being stored and add that
to the libtool list.  Also, make sure that you have the latest version
of libtool installed.  :)
--
Jesse D. Sightler

"An honest answer can get you into a lot of trouble."
         - Anonymous