problem with windows opening on gnome startup

Hi everyone, thanks for answering my question yesterday so quickly.

Anyway, The problem I'm having now is that after gnome starts up (after I
login via xdm), a whole bunch of windows open (about 5 netscape windows and
one shutdown window) after login.  I know that there's a feature that's
supposed to save your session after you log out, but this seems like
compiling all the windows together after I start up.

I'm not sure if this would be the cause, but the way I have gnome starting
up via xdm is not through my .xsession file.  I tried to start it up via
this method and it would not start.  This was following the directions one
the gnome.org page about users of xdm.

My .xsession file contained:
exec gnome-session
/usr/bin/enlightenment

When I had this in my users home directory nothing happened.  I then went
into my /etc/X11/something... where I found the Xsession script.  I edited
this file and simply added the line:
exec gnome-session
and voila, gnome started.

Like I said, I'm not too positive if my method of starting gnome would be
the cause of my sessions not being saved properly.

Thanks again