Re: newbie gnome ?'s, problems

On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 02:08:50PM -0500, Jim Priest was heard to say:
> Just got RH 5.2 updated with the latest Gnome.
>
> One wierd problem I'm having is video related I'm guessing?
>
> Just above the panel is a thin (maybe 1/4") squiggle line where the
> background image is distorted - almost appears as if there is a dialog box
> of some sort there - its just distorted - if I slide the panel over - it
> appears that the entire area under the panel is affected?  It's most
> noticable when I have a bmp as a background.   Any ideas what this could be
> - I'm using a Diamond Permedia2 with the latest 3dLabs server.
>
> Also - some of my panel applets don't do anything - where do I dig to find
> out why these don't work?  For example - I try to start the fish applet and
> nothing happens? :)
>
> Finally - is there a digest version of this list???

  Did someone set the desktop rippling to be on by default in Enlightenment?
This is..um..the third time in a few days that I've seen this question.

  If you're using enlightenment, does selecting "Desktop->FX - Ripples" stop
it?  If not, I guess maybe it is a display problem...

  Daniel

--
  Using a metaphor in front of Ridcully was like a red rag to a--was like
using something very annoying in the presence of someone who was very annoyed

              -- Terry Pratchett, _Lords and Ladies_