Re: Does gnome-session lock the session file?

On 9 Mar 1999, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> today, while running under gnome-session, I accidentaly started a
> second instance of gnome-session. It happily started children, and so
> forth. I imagine that having more than one gnome-session running may
> have some merit, but them fighting over ~/.gnome/session is probably
> not a nice sight. So this file needs locking.

It'd also be nice to have a feature to lock/unlock changes to a file --
i.e. I set things up how I like, and then lock the file such that it saves
it then, and when I log out, it doesn't resave.  This way If I start lots
of xterms up and I log out, I don't get a million extra xterms starting up
when next I log in.

>         Robbe

 -- Peter

The Shuttle is now going five times the sound of speed.
                -- Dan Rather, first landing of Columbia