Re: Does gnome-session lock the session file?

On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 07:29:49PM +0000, James M. Cape wrote:
> Tomas Ogren wrote:
> >
> > On 10 March, 1999 - James M. Cape sent me these 1,0K bytes:
> >
> > > Wouldn't you also need the existing gnome-session to kill the upstart,
> > > because you shouldn't/needn't have two of 'em running for the same user?
> >
> > Multiuser machines with dumb terminals.
>
> Well, as someone else mentioned, there needs to be locking as well as a
> way of dealing with two sessions on the same display.

Today my X-server spontaneously crashed (I have no idea why), and
after restarting I got huge numbers of panels and gnome-terminals.
There are various other ways in which this can occur.
Something is wrong in the way gnome-session handles these things.

Another thing that I noticed is that when I log out (in the normal way),
and log back in, the gnome-apps that were automatically restarted behave
a little differently. To be more precise, when I try to close one of them
by clicking on the close button (from the window decorations), the app
gets brutally killed by the window manager (in my case icewm, which first
asks for confirmation). Normally, the close button would be connected
to a close window function in the application.

Ronald