Re: Input Method of Gnome

Owen Taylor <otaylor@redhat.com> writes:

> Now, the level of complexity for this is pretty high,
> and is likely to discourage any applications
> for actually supporting it...

But if all widgets which take user input and are used by a program are
GNOME or GTK+ widgets?  Then it would be a one-time effort to write
all the GTK+ and GNOME widgets this way.  I'd say it's worth the
effort especially since it should be possible to share a lot of code.

In addition to this one could provide a skeleton implementation for
future use in user defined widgets.  The problem with using XIM not
fully today is that writing it is a lot of work and there is no place
to copy it from.