Re: Input Method of Gnome

NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe@chroot.org> writes:

> One more reason to support backend model with no XIM.  I usually use
> EGG V4 in modeless style.  Input goes to as usual text, then convert
> it later on demand, sort of lazy conversion.

XIM does support this, I think. The application and the
IM can negotiate a set of hot keys, and then reconversion
of already converted text can be triggered either
by the app or by the IM.

Now, the level of complexity for this is pretty high,
and is likely to discourage any applications
for actually supporting it...

Regards,
                                   Owen