Re: My first impression and goodbye

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, James M. Cape wrote:

***************************snip********************

> That may be the case, but the user should be at least somewhat
> accomodating to the developers. I believe that if the Gnome culture
> evolves to such a point that every user knows (because they have to
> know) how to get and copy a backtrace from gdb to Netscape Mail, we'll
> all be better off.

hey jim, this is part of MY problems. i've been a dBase programmer,
and a hellofa dos command line user, NEVER went to the MS Windows
enviorment after looking at the first version of Windows. ive been
using computers since the ibm1401 was around...BUT I have no idea what
you mean by "how to get and copy a backtrace from gdb to netscape
mail".

does this mean that i'm just showing my ignorance? been using linux
for 4 years now with xwindows...BUT the techspeak that is sometimes
used has allways turned me off, BUT i stuck with linux...:-)

sorry if i step on your toes..not ment to be that way at all...

btw, i just put up gnome last week and LOVE it. from the messages that
you send, i think you do too!:-) and i gotten a lot of help from this
list, including stuff from you.